But what many Twitter users don’t know is that there are other ways that Twitter is already (and by default) doing to “enhance” your timeline. This is how you can opt-out from the rest of those settings:
1. Account -> Content (link)
– Uncheck “Show me the best tweets first”
2. Privacy and safety (link)
– Uncheck “Add location to my tweets”
– Uncheck “Hide sensitive content” and check “Display media that may contain sensitive content”
3. Notifications (link)
– Uncheck “Quality filter”
And if you thought that Twitter’s advertising ecosystem isn’t as massive and intruding as Facebook’s, check the numbers from your “Tailored audiences” section and think again..
One of the best things about Twitter was the way it originally showed everything in (AFAIK) unbiased chronological order. Unfortunately, the platform has been introducing recently (and more frequently) timeline altering changes – not to even mention the straight up censorship. With the settings covered in this blog post, I hope you can regain a bit of that original Twitter feeling back.